My favourite month is finally here! Do I have any idea how we got to October so quickly? No. But between the falling leaves, vivid fall colours, and the lead-up to Halloween, I really can’t complain about the start of this new month.
I’ve nearly reached my Goodreads goal for the year, and I’ve more than doubled the total number of books that I read in 2019. In September, I read 8 books and 2 were contemporary romances. None of these were backlist titles (whoops!) but I did manage to finish two ARCs so I think it balances out.
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
I received a finished copy of Something Happened to Ali Greenleaf for a blog tour with TBR and Beyond Tours. My review will be posted on October 9th, so make sure to check it out!
- Ninth House | 2 stars | It took me until the last ~100 pages to finally get into this, and I was tempted to DNF it until that point.
- More Than Maybe | 3 stars | A very sweet romance that made me want to find my own British musician boyfriend.
- Star Daughter | 2 stars | I had such high expectations for this one, but it felt very juvenile and the stakes were lower than expected.
- You Deserve Each Other | 4 stars | An incredibly snarky take on the enemies-to-lovers trope.
- Burn Our Bodies Down | 3.5 stars | An eerie, atmospheric read that left me guessing until the very end.
- I shared some of my favourite book covers that give off fall vibes
- I shared my Fall TBR – hopefully I’ll get around to all of these!
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Your Tita Kate shared tips for how to get chosen for a book tour
- Stacey at Pretty Books shared 8 autumnal books to read this fall
- Rachel at Life of a Female Bibliophile shared reading recommendations for Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs from September 15th to October 15th
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from September? And what do you have planned for October? Let me know in the comments below.
Thank you for sharing my post! I’m glad you enjoyed it. More than Maybe sounds like an interesting romance.
Rachel @ Life of a Female Bibliophile recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes