My favourite month is finally here! Do I have any idea how we got to October so quickly? No. But between the falling leaves, vivid fall colours, and the lead-up to Halloween, I really can’t complain about the start of this new month.
I’ve nearly reached my Goodreads goal for the year, and I’ve more than doubled the total number of books that I read in 2019. In September, I read 8 books and 2 were contemporary romances. None of these were backlist titles (whoops!) but I did manage to finish two ARCs so I think it balances out.
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
I received a finished copy of Something Happened to Ali Greenleaf for a blog tour with TBR and Beyond Tours. My review will be posted on October 9th, so make sure to check it out!
- Ninth House | 2 stars | It took me until the last ~100 pages to finally get into this, and I was tempted to DNF it until that point.
- More Than Maybe | 3 stars | A very sweet romance that made me want to find my own British musician boyfriend.
- Star Daughter | 2 stars | I had such high expectations for this one, but it felt very juvenile and the stakes were lower than expected.
- You Deserve Each Other | 4 stars | An incredibly snarky take on the enemies-to-lovers trope.
- Burn Our Bodies Down | 3.5 stars | An eerie, atmospheric read that left me guessing until the very end.
- I shared some of my favourite book covers that give off fall vibes
- I shared my Fall TBR – hopefully I’ll get around to all of these!
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Your Tita Kate shared tips for how to get chosen for a book tour
- Stacey at Pretty Books shared 8 autumnal books to read this fall
- Rachel at Life of a Female Bibliophile shared reading recommendations for Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs from September 15th to October 15th
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from September? And what do you have planned for October? Let me know in the comments below.