How is it already August? I feel like Canada Day was just yesterday, and now it’s nearly autumn.
I’m somehow still ahead of my Goodreads reading challenge! I read 4 books this month, and two of these were backlist titles.
I’m so glad that the library is open once again for curbside pickup — it’s so nice being able to read actual books instead of using my phone as an e-reader, especially for the many weekend afternoons I spent reading outside this month.
Book Purchases / From Publishers
I was approved for an e-ARC of Fable by Adrienne Young, which looks incredible!
I also was approved for an e-ARC of You Have a Match by Emma Lord, which is one of my most-anticipated 2021 reads. After how much I loved the banter in Tweet Cute, I can’t wait to dive into this.
Thank you to Wednesday Books for both! ❤️
One of Us is Lying | 2 stars | Fast-paced, but predictable and with cliched characters.
Loveboat, Taipei | 2 stars | I appreciated the important issues that were brought up, but they weren’t ignored in favour of the love square.
Take a Hint, Dani Brown | 4 stars | A thoroughly enjoyable and banter-filled romance, with a romantic hero that actively challenged toxic masculinity.
Station Eleven | 5 stars | A poignant and hopeful look at what it means to be human at the end of the world.
- I wrote about ten books that made me smile
- I wrote about wanting to read more non-YA titles
Favourites from around the blogosphere
- Victoria at The Contented Reader shared 40 must-read July releases
- Epic Reads paired YA books with tracks from folklore
- The Bookish Twins shared why they love fantasy books, along with some excellent recommendations
- Marvel and Scholastic are launching new MG original graphic novels, which I can’t wait to read
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from July? And what do you have planned for August? Let me know in the comments below.
Love this post! I look forward to reading Fable too 💖
I hope you enjoy it!