February having only 28 days always seems to throw me off; it doesn’t feel like it should be March quite yet! In those 4 weeks, I did a few exciting and fun things: I turned 28 (although I still think of myself as younger than that), I visited a lot of outdoor patios (which thankfully had heaters because it was cold), and I went to see several exhibits at the AGO. I also had to get my wisdom teeth out (ouch!) which is why this post is coming a few days later than usual.
Thanks to the cold winter weather, I spent a lot of time at home, curled up on the couch with a book. I managed to finish 9 books in February, putting me at a total of 19 books for the year so far. I think I’ll need to increase my reading challenge goal, since it looks like I will hit 50 books before the halfway point of the year!
My average rating for the month was 3.61 stars, which isn’t bad but I would like to read more books that I love instead of merely like. Recommendations are always welcome!
- Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall | 3 stars | despite having some of my favourite tropes, I found this to be underwhelming
- Only a Monster by Vanessa Len | 3.5 stars | dark, enthralling, and subverted tropes in ways that made the story more interesting
- Top Ten Tuesday – 10 Books with Character Names in the Title
- I shared the February 2022 YA releases that I need to read
- I shared the 10 most recent additions to my romance TBR
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
I received an ARC of Very Bad People by Kat Frick from Simon & Schuster Canada and I can’t wait to start reading it!
My pre-order of Gallant by V.E. Schwab also arrived a few days early — it’s easily one of my most anticipated books of the year!
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- 24hryabookblog highlighted why book blogs are still relevant
- Joy at Books with Joy shared the benefits of decluttering books
- Nicole at Let’s Talk Bookish shared thoughts on the Blogger-Audience Relationship
- The Honey Pop shared an interview with Raquel Marie, author of Ophelia After All
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from February? And what do you have planned for March? Let me know in the comments below.