I can’t believe that we’re already more than halfway through the year. In Toronto, we entered stage 3 of reopening this month, which meant being able to browse in bookstores again! (Honestly, this was the highlight of my month.)
I read 8 books this month, and all but 2 were new releases. I only have 6 more books to read until I’m at my Goodreads goal, so if you need me, I’ll be at the park with an iced coffee and a stack of library books.
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert | 4 stars | absolutely delightful and easily my favorite Brown Sisters book
- Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater | 4 stars | ambitious, dark, and full of unanswered questions; I need the sequel now
- We Are Inevitable by Gayle Forman | 3 stars | I wasn’t invested in the main relationship, but the side characters were charming
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab | 4 stars | a wonderfully creepy and beautifully-written examination of what it means to be human
- I shared some reasons why I love reading
- I made a list of book titles that are also questions (and it was way harder to compile than you’d expect!)
- Mid-year check-in on my reading and blogging resolutions
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Rachel & Vicky shared a gorgeous database of 2022 YA releases
- Cee at The Novel Hermit recommended books by Asian authors everybody should read
- Victoria at Swim Press shared why you should buy book second-hand
- Emily at Frappes and Fiction shared 30 book blog writing prompts for when you’re stuck in a blogging slump
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from July? And what do you have planned for August? Let me know in the comments below.