Happy November, friends! This October was a little strange since so many fall traditions had to be put on pause, but it was so nice to finally have cooler weather and brightly coloured leaves. I’m sad that spooky season is over, but I am pretty excited to start getting ready for Christmas.
I’m excited to announce that I’ve surpassed my Goodreads reading goal! I read 7 books in October, and 1 of these was a contemporary romance and 1 was a backlist title.
I’m not great at sticking to a defined TBR list, but these are 4 of the titles that I’m planning to read this month:
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Again Again by E. Lockhart
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
My pre-order of The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue finally came in! I got both the US edition and the UK edition, since both covers were too gorgeous to pick just one for my shelves. I also picked up the UK editions of Vicious (Collector’s Edition) and The Dark Vault.
Fable | 4.5 stars | A dark, thrilling read that left me desperately wanting the sequel
Something Happened to Ali Greenleaf | 3.5 stars | A difficult yet important read that will stick with me for quite some time
A Golden Fury | 3.5 stars | A strong debut that provided a fresh take on the legendary Philosopher’s Stone
- I shared ten of my favourite autumnal book covers
- I shared my top ten book recommendations I got from bookstagram
- I shared ten witchy books that I can’t wait to read
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Addie LaRue is getting a film adaptation!!
- Victoria at The Contented Reader shared 35 spooky YA books for Halloween
- Alison at Antari Reads shared a really important post about fatphobia in books
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from October? And what do you have planned for November? Let me know in the comments below.
thank you so much for mentioning my post in here, it means a lot! 🥰
It was such a good discussion post!