Did it take me 3 tries to write the correct year in this post title? Maybe.
January felt like it was both exceptionally long and also like it only lasted a week. I’m glad that it’s over and that my birthday month is finally here, even if I’m only planning to bake myself cupcakes and FaceTime with my parents. (A bit of a change from how I spent my 26th birthday last year!)
I had a really strong start to the year and managed to read 7 books! As soon as the NHL started up again, though, more evenings were spent watching my team play (and lose…) than anything else. Hopefully I’ll be a bit more motivated to read once I pick up my million library holds!
- Beach Read by Emily Henry | 4.5 stars | Not quite as light and fluffy as expected, but I absolutely loved the romance
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas | 3 stars | I loved the representation, but wanted a bit more from the murder mystery plot
- I shared my most anticipated releases for the first half of 2021
- I made some bookish resolutions for 2021
- I shared my favourite new-to-me authors from 2020
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
Simon & Schuster Canada sent me an ARC of Chain of Iron and it is HUGE. Definitely going to dedicate a weekend to reading this soon!
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Ursa Reads shared how to create blog themes
- Autostraddle shared 69 queer & feminist books out in winter 2020-21
- Monogamist Reader shared tips for defeating a reading slump
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from January? And what do you have planned for February? Let me know in the comments below.