I can’t believe it’s already May! Here in Ontario, the cherry blossom trees have already blossomed, and it’s slowly starting to look like spring (even if that does mean the occasional mid-week snowstorm).
I kind of fell off of my regular posting rhythm in April — the 3rd wave has hit the city I live in hard, so I was dealing with a lot of exhaustion from that. I spent a lot of time out running by the waterfront as stress relief, but managed to injure my knee on one of my longer runs mid-way through the month. I have a lot of physio ahead of me, but I guess at least now I’ll be able to tackle my ever-growing pile of unread books.
I managed to read 6 books in April! 3 of those were re-reads in preparation for Shadow and Bone’s Netflix release… and yet I still haven’t gotten around to watching it! I’ve managed to avoid spoilers so far, though, so fingers crossed I’ll be able to start watching this week.
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn | no idea how to rate this | thoroughly enjoyed this up until That Scene, and then just couldn’t buy-in to the relationship
- I shared 10 colourful book covers that I adore
- I shared my favourite cats in books
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
HCC Frenzy sent me an ARC of Talk Bookish to Me and I can’t wait to give it a read – the cover is absolutely adorable!
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Kate at Your Tita Kate shared how to write a kick-ass book review
- Leo at Leosthetics shared 45 most anticipated 2021 book releases with black, white, and grey covers (monochrome is my weakness!)
- Sumedha at The Wordy Habitat shared how to make your blog posts more readable
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from April? And what do you have planned for May? Let me know in the comments below.
I’m in Ontario, too! the cherry blossoms are blooming sooo beautifully. The petals have started falling and I find that it’s the most elegant sort of snowfall, wouldn’t you agree? I quite like your favourites from the blogosphere, I will have to read them and see more!
They all look so beautiful! And the magnolia trees are so pretty, too. One of the best parts of spring!
Hope your knee gets better and you have a good reading month for May.
I’m currently reading Siege and Strom. Not to spoil anything but the Netflix show is good.
Marianna @ Tell me a Yarn recently posted…Shadow and Bone