Happy April! I still can’t believe how quickly March flew by, but I’m so glad that it’s finally starting to warm up enough that I don’t need to wear a parka and boots whenever I leave the house. I spent a few evenings reading on my patio, but mostly spent my free time biking around the waterfront or going for walks through the park.
I got really into TikTok this month, so I only managed to read 4 books in March. Only one of these was a new release, so I can finally say that I’m tackling my backlist!
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare | 3 stars | I enjoyed this, but I wanted more plot and felt cheated by the love triangle’s resolution
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare | 3.5 stars | both a love letter to The Infernal Devices series and a compelling start to a new series
- Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare | 4 stars | my emotions were all over the place while reading this, and I enjoyed every minute of it
- I shared the book characters whose jobs I wish I had
- I shared the books that have been on my TBR the longest
- I made my spring 2021 TBR list
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
I was approved for the following books from St. Martin’s Press/Wednesday Books on NetGalley and I can’t wait to read them!
- Within These Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood
- You’ve Reached Sam by Dustin Thao
- Bright Ruined Things by Samantha Cohoe
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- CW at The Quiet Pond shared 8 tips on how to manage a book blog on a busy schedule
- Sofii at A Book. A Thought shared the definitive book blogger list – I’ve discovered so many great blogs through it already!
- Amber & Samantha at BiblioMavens shared their 8 weird bookworm habits
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from March? And what do you have planned for April? Let me know in the comments below.
I also hope you all have a wonderful long weekend, and a lovely Easter (if you celebrate). I’m very excited to plan an Easter egg hunt for my little nephew and eat a ridiculous amount of Mini Eggs on my day off tomorrow.