Happy March! The family-sized bags of Mini Eggs are now in stores (and filling my cupboards), which means that spring is almost here. Hopefully that means that the snow will disappear soon, too; I got my fill of skating and tobogganing in February, so I’m ready for it to stop being so cold and wet.
I managed to read 5 books in February! I had fully intended to finish Chain of Gold this month, but I made it about 10 pages in and realized that I couldn’t remember who everyone was related to… so I ended up binge-reading The Infernal Devices series as a refresher.
- Hench by Natalie Zina Walschots | 4 stars | Snarky, dark, and full of morally grey characters
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson | 4 stars | Easily one of the best YA murder mysteries I’ve ever read
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare | 4 stars | Darker and more mature than City of Bones; this was a great re-entry point into the Shadowhunter world
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare | 3.5 stars | Added depth to the characters, but didn’t progress the plot much
- I shared ten books on my TBR that were written before I was born (so they definitely count towards the Beat the Backlist Challenge)
- I shared the top 10 contemporary romances on my TBR
- I took part in the blog tour for Hot British Boyfriend
- I compiled a list of upcoming releases by Black authors that I’m very excited to read
BOOK PURCHASES/FROM PUBLISHERS
I was approved for an ARC of Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler and might have yelled a bit when I opened the email from NetGalley. So excited to start reading it!
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- The Gilded Ones is getting a film adaptation!
- Caitlin at TeaTimeLit recommended 7 books to read when you’ve got the travel bug
- Rekindled Bibliophile shared tips for reading on a budget
- 24hr.YABookBlog shared book recommendations from authors of color inspired by dark academia
- Marie at Drizzle & Hurricane Books shared thoughts on the future of book blogging
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from February? And what do you have planned for March? Let me know in the comments below.