Happy New Year, everyone! It seems so surreal to be in 2021 already. There’s always a lot of pressure in January to make resolutions and become the best version of yourself that you can be. This year, instead of being intimidated by it, I’m really energized. I don’t know if I’ll stick to any of my resolutions, but I can’t help but get excited thinking about the future that I (currently) want to manifest.
Between the holidays, listening to evermore on repeat, and binging Bridgerton, I didn’t spend a lot of time reading. I did, however, manage to read 65 books this year, which was more than I had expected! Now I have to figure out what my 2021 Goodreads reading goal and my first read of 2021 should be… suggestions are definitely welcome!
- You Have a Match | 5 stars | incredibly sweet; it made me very nostalgic for summer camp and solidified Emma Lord as an auto-buy author for me
- Piranesi | 4.5 stars | an intriguing mystery and beautifully written tale of resilience in the face of isolation
- I shared the top ten holiday books on my TBR
- I shared the books I need to read in winter 2020-2021
- I joined the 2021 edition of the Beat the Backlist challenge
- I managed to choose 10 favourite books of 2020
- I made my first Instagram Reel! (And even made a second one)
- I received a few gorgeous books for Christmas, so I had to share my December book haul
FAVOURITES FROM AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- The Poppy War is getting a TV adaptation!
- 24hr YA Book Blog shared 2021 YA books from authors of colour to add to your TBR
- Tea Time Lit shared the importance of including trigger warnings in reviews and recommendations
- Holly at NutFreeNerd shared book recommendations for every song on evermore
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from December? And what do you have planned for January? Let me know in the comments below.