I can’t believe it’s almost June! The weather is finally getting nicer and I’ve started carrying sunscreen everywhere — summer is almost here.
I finally got out of my reading slump this month! I managed to finish one book, but I am in the middle of three others (mood reader problems). Somehow, despite this, I’m still on track to meet my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal with 20 books read so far this year.
My Dark Vanessa | 5 stars | A dark, haunting read that I just couldn’t put down.
99 Percent Mine | 2 stars | This was, unfortunately, quite underwhelming and didn’t live up to The Hating Game.
The Wicked King | 4 stars | Everything I liked about The Cruel Prince, amplified. Filled with twists, turns, and morally ambiguous characters.
- I wrote about the last 10 books I abandoned (for the time being)
- I participated in the Stay at Home Book tag to bring some positivity into quarantine
favourites from around the blogosphere
- United By Pop shared 25+ must-read May YA releases, which significantly increased the size of my TBR!
- Holly wrote about the cartoon cover trend in YA romances
- CBC Radio shared the history of Harlequin romance novels. I had no idea the company was started by a fur trader!
- The collector’s edition of Anna and the French Kiss now exists, and I have never wanted anything more.
- Marie discussed about how book blogging has changed in the last 5 years.
What were some of your favourite books/posts/moments from May? And what do you have planned for June? Let me know in the comments below.