Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week, she posts an idea relating to books and encourages other book bloggers to respond with their own top ten lists.
This week’s topic is “top ten longest books I’ve ever read.” I tend to shy away from especially long books – there’s something intimidating about incredibly thick books, and I find that I will start a long book, put it down in favour of something else and just never get around to finishing it. That said, Goodreads tells me that I do, occasionally, pick up a book that is longer than 400 pages. Excluding the many textbooks that I read in my university days, here are 10 of the longest books I’ve ever read:
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman (1,102 pages)
- A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin (1,016 pages)
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (973 pages)
- The Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe (821 pages)
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (784 pages)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Suzanna Clarke (782 pages)
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (767 pages)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (766 pages)
- A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin (753 pages)
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (722 pages)
What are some of the longest books you’ve ever read? Have you read any of the ones on my list? Leave me a list or a link to your TTT in the comments below.
I had to check Goodreads for this one! Longest read is Winter by Marissa Meyer, at a whopping 827 pages! I also tend to shy away from longer reads – it’s hard to keep my attention that long haha
I forgot about Winter – I read it as an e-book so it didn’t seem quite that long! Do you find that you prefer books that you can read in a single sitting?
I had to combine the Song of Ice and Fire series on my list because they took up quite a few places! But it’s nice to know that you’ve read the series. I’m looking forward to reading fire and blood! 🙂
Ok long books totally intimidate me! I have all the books in a song of ice and fire….and have yet to pick any of them up…eeek. I had to check Goodreads, and unsurprisingly Order of the Phoenix is my longest read.
Gabby recently posted…My Harry Potter Birthday Cake