April was a really hectic month for me. I had 6 exams in 7 days (I want to say that I passed them all…. but I’m still waiting on one mark, which is incredibly stressful!) and continued volunteering in a synthetic biology lab.
I also had to say goodbye to my lovely housemates (left + centre above), as this was our last month living together — we’re not going to be living that far away from one another, but it’s going to be really weird living with other people!
Unfortunately, I didn’t get that much blogging done (aside from already-scheduled posts) but I did manage to read 7 books! (It’s truly the best form of procrastination).
Top Books of the Month:
I really don’t know why I waited so long to read Grave Mercy and Mistborn – they were both excellent, had kick-ass female characters, and excellent world-building. And The Start of Me and You was every bit as adorable as I had expected, complete with strong, supportive friendships and sweet book boyfriends.
I also realized just how many unread books I have on my bookshelf, so hopefully I’ll be able to give some of these a read!
Most Exciting Moment:
I went to see The Griswolds and WALK THE MOON for the Talking is Hard Tour and had such an amazing time! While I bought tickets because I adore The Griswolds, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked WALK THE MOON too – they had such an infectious energy to them, and I loved their positivity!
I also got to meet The Griswolds! They’re such sweethearts, told me that I have the coolest hair (even if it got destroyed by the pouring rain), and gave the best hugs. To say that it made my month is probably an understatement, so I’m really excited to see them again in June! <3
- The Wolf (live version) by Mumford & Sons
- Red Tuxedo by The Griswolds
- Shake Me Up by The Mowgli’s
- Renaissance Girls by Oh Land!
- America’s Sweetheart by Elle King
- Baking! I’ve always loved to bake, but procrastibaking reached new highs during this exam season.
- I started watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and it’s safe to say I’m hooked. Even if I can’t look at Pinot Noir the same way…
- Ukulele. I’ve been wanting to learn for ages, so I finally caved and bought one! I’m in love with my little red uke, even if I can only play Riptide by Vance Joy so far.
- Parasitology. I know, that probably sounds really weird, but I took a course on parasites this past term and found it completely fascinating (even if it kind of scared me away from travelling to certain places).
Quote of the Month:
“I once read in my physics book that the universe begs to be observed, that energy travels and transfers when people pay attention. Maybe that’s what love really boils down to–having someone who cares enough to pay attention so that you’re encouraged to travel and transfer, to make your potential energy spark into kinetic energy.” – My Heart and Other Black Holes