I start school next Monday (and I move in tomorrow, which is an equally terrifying thought!), which means that my summer vacation is over.
This summer, I volunteered at my local hospital, attended the Gentlemen of the Road stopover in Simcoe, and read. A lot. I meant to do July and August wrap-up posts including my book hauls for the month but I forgot, so here are all of the books I bought/received during that time:
Books I Bought:
– Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike
– Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (review)
– Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
– Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (review)
– Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (review)
– Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (review)
– Divergent by Veronica Roth
– Insurgent by Veronica Roth
– Ruby Red by Kirsten Gier
– Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
– Somebody Up There Hates You by Hollis Seamon (review)
– The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen Coransanti
– The Silent Summer of Kyle McGinley by Jan Andrews (review)
– Goldmayne: A Fairy Tale by Kate Stradling
– Tag Along by Tom Ryan
– The Thinking Woman’s Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker
Received for Review:
– The Demon Rolmar by A.V. Griffin
My personal favourite, though, was a package that I received a few days ago. Inside were copies of Ultraviolet (review) and Quicksilver (review) by R.J. Anderson — and they were signed!
It turns out that my cousin, who recently moved to California, is friends with R.J. Anderson and mentioned to her how much I loved these books. I may have freaked out a bit from excitement when I received them.
I looked a lot like this, actually. Minus the neat elf suit.
Now to find places for them all on my bookshelf…
Which books did you acquire this summer? Leave me a list of the ones you enjoyed – I love getting book recommendations!
I won the almond tree in December it is a great book, sometimes a bit hard going but great none the less. I think I have bought / received about 100 books in the last few months, I have no will to stop even though I do not have time to read them all. i ahve 13 books to review before the end of this month and not sure I can do it, with working lots aswell, will try my best though, they all look like great books 🙂
I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet, so I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Wow, that’s a lot of books! They’re so tempting with their pretty covers and neat sounding synopses though, so I completely understand how you can end up with so many at a time. Good luck! : )
Ohhhhh, I love signed copies. That is awesome 😀
Me too! I also love looking at author’s signatures – they’re always so much prettier than my own! haha 🙂
What a great haul! That’s so exciting about the signed copies! How lovely! I’ve been meaning to read Ultraviolet for a while now, I’m glad to see love for it!
Thanks! I thought Ultraviolet was amazing, so I really hope that you enjoy it too! : )