For me, a beach read is something that’s light, fun, and (more often than not) romantic. I don’t get to the beach nearly enough – partially because the nearest one is an hour away and partially because I sunburn way too easily – but next time I go, I’ll be bringing a few of these books along.
1. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen.
This entire list could easily be made up of all of her books, since they’re cute, summer romance books and most of them take place in beach towns.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
This cute contemporary novel will transport you to Paris, making it the perfect mini vacation for those of us stuck at home this summer.
3. Meant to Be by Lauren Morill
A fun romance in England. What’s not to like?
4. Paper Towns by John Green
Aside from An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns is the only John Green book that doesn’t make me cry. Romance, mystery, a road trip, loveable characters, and quotes that resonate with you make it the perfect read for anywhere, really.
5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
A quirky, satirical read about beauty pageant contestants that are stranded on a desert island. Naturally, I laughed almost the entire time I read this.
6. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Quirky complex characters and a cute romance make it a fun, quick, summer read.
7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
This book is just SO cute. It has everything that I look for in a contemporary YA novel – travel, romance, and cute British boys.
8. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Throughout her summer, Allyson travels not just to Paris but along the path to self-discovery.
9. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer
Quite possibly my new favourite summer read, this book combines cute romance, an intersting plot with surprising twists, and a charming Disney prince.
10. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I haven’t actually read this yet, but books involving road trips and romance are always great to read in the summer.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event held by The Broke and the Bookish.